Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Salad - Lemon Pineapple Salad

1 (6 oz) lemon Jell-o
2 cups hot water
1 can (15 - 20) oz pineapple tidbits (drained
Save 2/3 cup pineapple juice

Dissolve Jell-0 in boiling water.  Drain the pineapple, saving the juice.  Add enough lemon-lime soda to make 2 cups of liquid.  Add to Jell-o mixture and allow to cool until syrupy.  Add pineapple, 2 large bananas (sliced), and 2 cups miniature marshmallows.  Pour into 9 x 13" pan and refrigerate.

Topping:
1 cup whipping cream or 1 package of Dream Whip
Add 1 can of lemon pie filling folded in.  Spread over salad.  Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment