Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dessert - Blueberry Dessert

16 Graham crackers (crushed)
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese

Combine crackers, butter, and powdered sugar.  Put mixture into 11x7" pan.

Beat together eggs and sugar, add softened cheese and pour over cracker mixture.  Bake 20 minutes at 325 degrees.

Remove from oven and spread with any prepared pie filling such as blueberry or cherry.

Refrigerate.  Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment