Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Dessert - Cherry Dessert

50 large marshmallows
1 cup milk
1 pkg Knox gelatin dissolved
2 cup cream (whipped)
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup nuts
1/4 cup butter (melted)

Crush graham crackers and nuts.  Mix with butter, and then press into 13x9x2"pan.

In double boiler over boiling water melt the 50 marshmallows, mil and gelatin.  Cool this mixture and then add 2 cups of whipped cream.  Spread mixture over graham cracker crumbs, and top with Cherry Pie Mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment