Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Salad - Lime Pineapple Salad

1 pkg lemon Jell-o
3/4 cup water

2 pkgs lime Jell-o
1 1/2 cups water
2 cans pineapple slices


Combine lemon Jell-o with boiling 3/4 cups water.  Allow to cool and set slightly.
Arrange 12 pineapple slices in a single layer in a 9 x 12" pan.
Pour gelatin over pineapple slices.

Combine lime Jell-o with boiling 1 1/2 cups water.  Allow to cool and set slightly.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Add a teaspoonful of salad dressing and 1/2 maraschino cherry when ready to serve.  Personally, I think a spoonful of whipped cream will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment