Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Salad - Cranberry Salad

1 quart cranberries
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup water

Boil above for 10 minutes

2 packages strawberry Jell-o
1 cup tart apples
1/2 cup nuts
1 cup diced celery

Add Jell-o to hot berries.  Let cool.   Add fruit.

Serve on lettuce leaf with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment