Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Meat - Turkey Delish-Kabobs

1 lb ground turkey
1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
3/4 tsp salt
24 cherry tomatoes
24 pineapple chunks
24 1" squares green pepper

Combine first four ingredients; shape into 1" balls; drop into marinade and coat well.  Refrigerate until ready to use.  On 8" bamboo skewers, alternate meat balls, cherry tomatoes, pineapple chunks, green pepper.  Broil 5 - 7 minutes, turning and basting.  Serve with seasoned rice.  Makes 12 skewers, 4 servings.

Note:  I don't like green peppers, so I may substitute small button mushrooms or maybe zucchini or yellow squash.

Savory Marinade: 
Blend together 1 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp each of dry mustard and garlic salt, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup pineapple juice, and 2 Tbsp vegetable oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment