Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Bread - Zucchini Bread

Grate 2 cups zucchini and drain for 1/2 hour

3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup nutmeats or raisins
3 cups flour

Combine all ingredients.  Add grated zucchini before the 3 cups of flour.  Makes 2 large loaves.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment