Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Meat - Stuffed Turkey Loaf

2 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup butter

3 cups prepared stuffing mix
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup tomato juice

Brown onion and celery in butter in medium hot skillet.  Combine with stuffing mix, eggs, and water to make a stuffing.  Add half of stuffing to ground turkey, mixing well.  Pat out half of meat mixture in a 2-quart loaf pan with remaining meat mixture.  Pour tomato juice over loaf and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.  Makes 8 - 10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment