Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Salad - Strawberry Salad

2 2/3 cups crushed pretzels
3 Tbsp sugar
3/4 cup margarine

Combine and press in 9 x 13" pan.  Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese
1 cup sugar
2 cups Cool Whip

Beat these ingredients together and pour over top of the cooled crust.  Spread evenly.

Combine 2 cups of boiling water and 2 (3 oz) packages of Strawberry Jell-O.  Add 1 (10 oz) package of frozen strawberries.  Allow to set slightly.  Pour over the cream cheese mixture and chill overnight.

Cut into 3" squares to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment