Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cookie - Swedish Christmas Cookies

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp cream
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg white
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla

Cream butter and sugar.  Add egg yolk, cream, vanilla and mix well.  Add flour sifted with baking powder and then chopped nuts.  Form dough into small balls.  Dip in egg white and chopped pecans.

Make a small indentation in center of balls after placing them on cookie sheet.  Fill indentation with jelly or a red or green cherry half.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment