Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cookie - Honey Jumbles

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup honey
3 eggs
4 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.  Beat the eggs, sugar and honey.  Stir in lemon extract and vanilla.  Then add to dry ingredients and let stand overnight at room temperature.

Roll out dough and cut with doughnut cutter.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment