Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Dessert - Orange Slice Bars

1 lb candy orange slices
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 lb brown sugar
4 eggs (beaten)
1 cup chopped nuts
vanilla

Cut candy in small pieces with scissors dipped in cold water.  Add to flour and salt.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Pour into 9 x 9" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Cut while warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment