Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Cookie - Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cream:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs (beaten)

Dissolve:
1 tsp baking soda in 1 tsp hot water

Mix well with 2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt

Add:
12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.

I like to take them out of the oven before they are completely done.  I like them really gooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment