Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cookie - Butterscotch Refrigerator Cookies

1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
4 cups flour
1 cup pecans (chopped)

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy.  Add all dry ingredients while beating slowly until well mixed.

Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment