Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Casserole - Broccoli Rice

2 boxes frozen broccoli
1 cup uncooked rice
1 stick butter
1 medium onion
 1 (8 oz) jar Cheese Whiz
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup

Saute onions in butter.  While onions saute, cook broccoli according to package directions.  Combine the rice with 2 cups of water and cook over medium high heat for 20 minutes or until tender.

Combine soups, cheese and butter in 2-quart casserole.  Then add the rice and broccoli.  Mix well and cover with foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Remove foil for last 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment