Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Cookie - Oatmeal Cookies with Raw Apples

1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 large or 2 small finely shopped apples
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup nuts (chopped)
1 cup chopped dates or raisins
1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix ingredients in order given, sifting dry ingredients together.  Drop from teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake about 8 minutes in 400 degree oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment