Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Salad - Bean Salad

1 can green beans
1 can wax (yellow) beans
1 can Kidney beans
1/2 cup green pepper (diced)
1/2 cup red onion (minced)
1/2 cup salad oil
1/2 cup vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp celery seed

Drain beans.  Combine with onions and peppers.  Mix vinegar, sugar, and spices.  Pour over vegetables and refrigerate for 8 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment