Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dessert - Apple Pudding

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
1 egg
1 cup flour
5 medium apples peeled and sliced (2 cups)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup nuts
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Cream butter, sugar eggs and vanilla.  Add apples and stir in dry ingredients.  Pour into 8 x 8" square pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment