Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Frosting - Creamy Chocolate Frosting

4 squares (4 oz) unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 lb  (4 - 4 1/2 cups) confectioners sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler over boiling water. In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt. Add hot mixture, mixing well.  Chill 10 minutes. Beat until of spreading consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment