Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cake - White Cake

1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla

Cream butter and sugar.  Add milk and egg whites and beat until fluffy.  Add dry ingredients and mix  well.  Pour into 13 x 9 x 2" pan and bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment