Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Looking for a Pretty Patriotic Dessert?

I saw this tonight on Party City's website.  This is a very patriotic dessert and would be so easy to make.  In fact, I plan to give this one a whirl on Wednesday.  What could be more appropriate for Independence Day and better for the awful heat we've been having?  It looks like they've used bananas, but I think I'll use marshmallows.  (Not a fan of bananas -- I know, that's almost unamerican -- but I don't like them.)


No comments:

Post a Comment