Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Grandma's Grilled Potatoes

Sometimes I laugh at myself.  So many of the recipes that I post on this blog begin with "Grandma's" in the title.  Most of Grandma's recipes had very simple names.  I choose to use the name she gave her recipe and then give her credit for its creation.  Grandma's Grilled Potatoes are a simple, but very tasty dish on the grill.  She usually did them in the oven - I like to do them on the grill.

2 lbs of potatoes cut into wedges
1 medium white onion (diced)
1/2 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt (one of my favorite kitchen staples)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 Tbsp butter

Combine potatoes and spices in a large bowl.  Toss to mix well.  Place the potatoes on a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.  Wrap the foil around the potatoes.  Top with the butter cut into 1 Tbsp chunks.  Seal the edges of the foil and place the packets on the grill.  Grill over medium high heat for 20 minutes and then turn.  Grill for another 20 minutes.

To do these in the oven, place the packet on a cookie sheet.  Bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes, turning once.

No comments:

Post a Comment