Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Roasted Potatoes

2 sweet potatoes
4 gold potatoes
4 red potatoes
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.  Scrub your potatoes, but do not peel.  Cut into 2" chunks.
Place potatoes in a large saucepan.  Add enough salted water to cover the potatoes.  Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.  Drain well.

Spread potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with tarragon, salt and pepper.  Roast potatoes until crisp (about 30 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment