Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Lemon Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lemon
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp fresh parsley
1/4 tsp thyme (dried)
1/4 tsp marjoram (dried)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

I use my Pampered Chef zester/scorer to create strips of zest from 1/2 of the lemon and set them aside in damp paper towel and refrigerate.  Grate the other half of the lemon to make 1 Tbsp of zest.  Slice the lemon in half and juice it into a bowl.

Combine the grated lemon zest and juice, oil, crushed garlic clove, chopped parsley, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper.  Add the chicken breasts  and spoon the marinade over the chicken.  Cover and chill for 2 hours or as long as overnight.

Preheat your grill or grill pan. Place the chicken breasts on the hot grill and cook until cooked through - about six - eight minutes per side.  Sprinkle with fresh parsley and reserved lemon strips.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment