Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Grandma's Chocolate Syrup

1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt

Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.  Add water and mix until smooth.  Bring mixture to a boil.  Allow it to boil for one minute.  Do not let this boil over.  Remove from heat.  When mixture cools add the vanilla.

Great served over ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment