Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Garden Macaroni (Pasta) Salad

1 lb Macaroni (I use bow tie pasta)
1 Tbsp salt
2 cups broccoli (cut into bite size pieces)
1 red onion (sliced really thin)
2 cups cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1 cup of your favorite Italian salad dressing
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)

Bring a 4 quart saucepan of water plus the salt to a boil.  Add macaroni and cook for 6 minutes.  Add broccoli and cook for three more minutes.

Drain well.  Place in a large serving bowl.

Add all remaining ingredients except the cheese.  Mix well.

Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.  Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment