Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Herb Butter

Grandma grew lots of herbs in her garden.  I do all of my herb gardening in containers on the deck.  It keeps them handy when I need them for a recipe.

Herb butter is easy to make and will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.  Use it on pasta,  veggies or steak.

4 oz butter (softened)
1/4 cup of your favorite finely chopped herb -- chives, rosemary, thyme, sage or tarragon (you can use a mixture)
1 tsp lemon juice
Sea salt to taste

Mix the butter and other ingredients together either with a fork or hand mixer.  Shape the butter into a stick and wrap in waxed or parchment paper.  Wrap in plastic wrap.  Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment