Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Honey Glazed Carrots

1 tsp salt
1 lb baby carrots
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Freshly ground pepper

In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.  Add salt and then carrots and cook until tender, 5 - 6 minutes.  Drain the carrots and add back to pan with butter, honey and lemon juice.  Cook until a glaze coats the carrots, 5 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment