Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snack - Pepper Popcorn

This is an unusual snack recipe - might just have to try this out for Super Bowl Sunday.  I never would have come up with this idea.

2 quarts popped popcorn
2 cups shoe string potatoes
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp dill weed
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Combine butter with seasonings and toss with popcorn shoestrings and peanuts.  Put in a 9 x 13" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  Stir every two minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment