Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cake - Pumpkin Dessert

2 cups brown sugar
6 egg yolks
2 1/2 cups pumpkin
4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp salt

Combine ingredients in double boiler and cook for 5 minutes.  Dissolve 2 Tbsp Knox gelatin in 1/2 cup water.  Add to the mixture in the double boiler.  Stir and cool.

Beat 6 egg whites with 4 Tbsp sugar and fold into cooled mixture.

Pour into baked graham cracker crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment