Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Quick Berry Cheesecake

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 Tbsp melted butter
3 Tbsp sugar
32 oz cream cheese at room temp
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 - 2 cups of fresh mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries)
8 oz of whipped topping

Combine the cracker crumbs, butter and 3 Tbsp sugar.  Mix well and then press into the bottom of a 13 x 9" pan.  Refrigerate while preparing filling.

Beat the cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl until well blended.  Stir in the berries until well mixed. Whisk in the whipped topping.  Pour mixture over crust.

Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.  Cut into squares to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment