Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Cinnamon-Honey Sweet Potatoes

Grandma had lots of ways to serve sweet potatoes.  They were a staple in her fall and winter pantry.

5 large sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1 Tbsp orange juice
1/4 cup honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spray a 9" baking dish with cooking spray.
Arrange potato slices in bottom of dish.
Combine cinnamon, ginger, orange juice and honey and pour over potatoes.

Bake covered for 50 - 60 minutes until potatoes are soft and tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment