Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Honey-Roasted Sesame Pork

Pork tenderloin is one of my go-to meals when I need to make dinner in a hurry.  I try to stock on them when they are on sale and keep them in the freezer.  It's easy to defrost one in the microwave and then prep it for the oven.

This is one of Grandma's recipes, and it's a good one!

1 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin
1/4 cup honey
1 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted

For Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Combine the soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a dish just large enough to hold pork tenderloin.  Add meat, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning several times.

Drain tenderloin and pat dry.  Spread honey on a plate and roll meat in it.  Spread sesame seeds on another plate and roll honeyed tenderloin in them, coating all over.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a roasting pan, bake pork tenderloin for 20 minutes or until no longer pink at the thickest part.  Let meat stand for 5 minutes and slice to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment