Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Supper Veggie Toss

If you're looking for a way to make veggies more appealing to your family, why not try this?

1 lb broccoli florets
1 lb cauliflower florets
1/2 lb trimmed green beans
1 /2 lb sliced carrots
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese

Steam veggies in steamer basket until tender crisp.
Drain well.
Pour vegetables mixture into a large serving bowl.
Pour Italian salad dressing over veggies and stir lightly to mix.
Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment