Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Grandma's Special Sloppy Joes

2 lbs ground beef
1 medium white onion (diced)
2 cans Manwich
12 hamburger buns
12 cheese slices
24 slices of bacon

Brown the hamburger with the onion.  Drain fat.
Add the Manwich.
Serve on the hamburger buns with cheese and bacon.

Grandma didn't have the luxury of using Manwich.  She used a combination of ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and other seasonings.  It's much easier to open a can of Manwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment