Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Brown Sugar Chews - The easiest dessert ever!

Grandma knew all of the secrets of a good cook!  This was a simple, but so delicious recipe of hers.  It's almost like a small bite of pecan pie in cookie form.  They absolutely melt in your mouth!

1 egg white
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp flour
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup pecans (chopped)

Beat egg white until stiff and frothy.  Add brown sugar and continue beating.  Stir in flour ans salt.  Fold in pecans.  Drop by small teaspoon on buttered cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.

Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.


No comments:

Post a Comment