Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Toffee Crunch Bars

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup finely chopped Heath bars

Combine flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.

Cream butter and sugar well.  Add eggs and vanilla, and then stir in Heath bars.

Drop from teaspoon onto greased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment