Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

My Grandma's Recipes

I've been away from blogging and sharing recipes for about a year.  It's time to get back to it.  I have shared most of Grandma's recipes already, but I'll change my focus and concentrate on the basics of cooking and baking.  Grandma was a fabulous cook.  She was creative and she loved us.  Her meals were full of flavor.  She was a thinker and a planner, and she certainly didn't have the conveniences that you and I have today.  This blog will focus on combining the good ole fashioned basics with new products to create good nutritious meals for our families.  Stay tuned for yummy ideas to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment