Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Grandma's Green Goddess Dressing

I remember Green Goddess Dressing when I was a youngster.  It was one of those things I wasn't even about to try because it was green.  Well, not with this recipe.  It's white with just a tint of green from the fresh herbs.  It's fabulous on salad or used as a dipping sauce for veggies.  It's particularly good on potatoes.

1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1/3 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp anchovy paste - or mash one whole anchovy
1 tsp minced garlic

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.   Makes about 3/4 cup.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment