Home - Text

My Grandma passed away at the age of 94. She was a wonderful cook and I was lucky enough to inherit her recipes. Many date back to the 1940s and 50s. Grandma prepared them in a charming country kitchen with no running water and most of her produce came from her garden, not from the grocery store. These are made-from-scratch recipes. I wish I had spent more time with her in the kitchen and . . . I wish I had spent more time with her for so many other reasons.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Summertime Lemonade

In a large pitcher stir together 3 cups cold water, 1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice, and 3/4 cup of sugar.  Stir until the sugar is dissolved.  Serve chilled over ice.  It's so refreshing.

If you want to jazz it up a little bit, try one of these combinations . . .

Add watermelon puree and serve with watermelon wedges
Add a few fresh blackberries
Add honeydew puree and a few slices of kiwi
Add a few fresh raspberries

I'm sure there are lots of other combinations, but these are a few of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment